In this conversation, we discuss:
- Common challenges and unique needs of LGBTQ+ individuals accessing healthcare
- Common concerns the community face with life-limiting illness and end of life
- The impact of discrimination
- New challenge from COVID-19
- Advance Directives
- … and more
- Books by Reid Vanderburgh, MA
- SAGE: The only national organization focused on LGBT+ elders. https://www.sageusa.org/
~ SAGE Hotline: 877-360-LGBT
- Welcoming LGBT Residents: A Practical Guide for Senior Living Staff -by Tim Johnston https://www.amazon.com/dp/0367027348/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_18kjFbBB34YPG
- National Center for Transgender Equality, aging: https://transequality.org/issues/aging
- PFLAG: The United States’ first and largest organization uniting parents, families, and allies with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer. https://www.pflag.org
About Reid Vanderburgh, MA:
During the course of my 15-year career as a therapist, I worked with over 450 clients who were asking, “How do I want to live my life?” For most, the context was gender identity. Either they, or a loved one or coworker, were deeply examining their relationship to gender and sought me out for guidance along their journey. I heard a lot of stories. I also have my own transition journey to add to the knowledge I’ve acquired. I enjoy using my knowledge to benefit others, through consultation and education. Contact me if you’re in need of training or consultation around trans issues. I have supervised therapists, conducted workshops, and led trainings about many aspects of trans experience.
Faith and Hope Hospice is a family-owned company providing hospice near Pasadena, Glendale, Los Angeles, and the surrounding communities.
Faith & Hope Hospice: the best hospice Los Angeles has to offer.