The Epilogue is the official bereavement newsletter of Faith & Hope Hospice in Pasadena CA
In this issue we explore:
• Grief and the Holidays
• Book Review: The Five Invitations by Frank Ostaseski
• Movie Review: The Family Stone
• Grief Explored: Intuitive and Instrumental Grief
• Light the Night: Annual Patient Memorial
• Stress and Grief
• Grief-tivity: Salt-Dough Ornaments
• Recipe for French Market Donuts
• Winter Blessing
A Note from Your Bereavement Services Coordinator
In every edition of Epilogue, we explore a new way to understand grief. There are seemingly endless ways people grieve and there is not one which we can consider the “right” way. By learning more about grief, you can better understand your own grief experience and hopefully understand how you, your friends, and your family are coping as well.
We are now in the holiday season. This is usually one of the happiest times of the year, but the first year after the death of a loved one can make it difficult to feel the joy of the season. This is normal. It’s also normal to feel joy despite the grief.
I hope this edition of Epilogue provides some beneficial information that helps you navigate grief and the holidays.
Reid Jacobs, APHSW-C, MSW, CT