In this conversation, we reconnect with Karrie Filios, MA, MFT, LPC, children’s grief specialist.
- COVID-19’s theft of our assumptive world
- A child’s perspective on the pandemic
- The overlay of grief and COVID-19 restrictions
- Ways to support children and their adult caregivers
Karrie also shared these resources:
- Children and Grief: When a Parent Dies; J. William Worden PhD
- Sesame Street Grief Toolkit
- New York Life Foundation– Bereavement Resources
- The Dougy Center
- The Coalition to Support Grieving Students
To better support our clients and community, Faith and Hope Hospice in Pasadena CA is developing several online support groups. We are currently conducting a survey to understand the needs of the people we serve. This will help us provide relevant services, including topics of interest, duration of group, days & times to meet and a few other details. This is another way we are making Faith & Hope Hospice the best hospice Los Angeles has to offer.
Karrie Filios, MA, MFT, LPC, is an award-winning counselor and children’s grief specialist. She is the co-founder and director of the Starfish Program in Castle Rock, CO, which supports children and their families through grief support groups, advocacy, community education and outreach. She has also taught at California State University: San Marcos – Institute for Palliative Care and regularly provides trainings for school districts and mental health centers across the Denver Metro area.
Faith & Hope Hospice strives to provide the best hospice in Los Angeles CA.
COVID Conversations is a web series focused on helping people cope through the pandemic with interviews, conversations, and information. Watch all of our conversations at www.faithandhopehospice.com/COVID